Nowadays most of the software solutions are available in the SaaS model. You may come across the term SaaS when you are trying to purchase an online tool or service. In traditional method software companies distribute their software products as a standalone product which needs to be installed on the client’s computer. All the files and data are processed on the client computer.
The SaaS on other hand is a cloud-based service over the internet. It allows users to access the software/service using a web browser or a mobile app. The most common example of a SaaS business model is the email service(Gmail). When you check your email using your web browser, you are accessing the files from the cloud-based server which stores your email information.
Advantages of SaaS solution
There are many advantages of SaaS solution over traditional standalone software installations, few of them are listed below,
- SaaS can be accessed from any location or using any device which has an internet connection.
- The performance of SaaS is independent of client hardware configuration.
- Pay only for what you use- SaaS solutions can be easily scaled up or scale down depending on the usage
- Zero maintenance cost of end users- The clients/end customers don’t need to maintain any kind of sophisticated hardware or a tech team.
- Updates can be easily deployed by the software provider
Software as service solutions is cost-effective as it easily allows your organization to get quickly up at minimal upfront cost.
SaaS is one of three important categories of cloud computing, Infrastructure As a Service (IaaS) and Platform As A Service (PaaS).
Software As Service offered by Sygul Inc.
- Edufar- An online student information and school management system
- LearnMesh- Learning management platform(LMS) for online educators
Learn more about Sygul products and services here